What does our Manager- Strategic Accounts do?
The Manager of Strategic Accounts leads the Strategic Account Manager team and supports this team in the development of strong customer relationships that will lead to profitable growth. These activities include, but are not limited to, support of business reviews, proactive renewals to extend agreements and make deals better, strategic projects both internally and externally to move key initiatives forward, retention activities, key problem resolution and intervention internally on the customers’ behalf. The Manager of Strategic Accounts is responsible for the overall customer experience to ensure that these large, strategic customers stay and grow their business with Rentokil and recommend Rentokil to others. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the account strategy and key relationships for Rentokil’s strategic accounts
- Responsible for the service delivery to all strategic accounts within assigned portfolio of business through guidance to direct reports and intervention on escalated situations
- Responsible for retention of existing customer base through proactive renewals and customer satisfaction measurement and response to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Growth focus through leveraging LAMP concepts to broaden customer relationships and target opportunities to improve outcomes.
- Develop and implement customized business plans to identify growth opportunities and harvest business through an intentional strategy
- Focus on profitability through the use of tools to measure profit and the development of targeted strategies to make deals better through renewal and customer discussion
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing a team of colleagues to achieve growth, retention, and profitability objectivesDirects and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Leverages existing data and business intelligence to facilitate the development of targeted growth plans for all customers
- Focus customer interactions of the team (business reviews, strategic customer meetings) to discuss the success of the partnership and the opportunities to expand the relationship
- Document contract detail, contacts, risk assessment, and all sales opportunities on existing CRM (Sales Force)
- Facilitate the use of Miller Heiman methodologies to assess and develop plans to broaden and deepen existing customer relationships. Use LAMP and strategic selling methodologies to assess and grow existing customer relationships.
- Use the existing meticulous hiring process to identify the best candidates for Strategic Account Manager roles.
- Maintain the positive momentum of the Strategic Account Management team through hard and soft skill training, goal setting, and the sharing of best practices in team meetings.
- Utilize existing profitability measurement tools to assess and develop strategies to proactively renew business and improve profitability.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5-8 years of large account management and sales or operations experience
- 2-3 years experience managing, leading, and developing a team
- Use the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the situation.
- Comprehend current industry standards such as AIB, FDA and USDA.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Remote position and may require travel up to 30%.