Responsible for the adapting and deploying the Company Unified Design Standards for stores. Responsible for executing the design direction through the development of project Scope of Work. Ensures compliance with quality control procedures. Responsible for developing expert knowledge of building architecture, interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Responsible for executing the design direction through the development of project Scope of Work for site specific retail and non retail projects, adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request, and communicates deviations, in alignment with Company business objectives.
- Continuously improves processes and works with internal and external business partners to assure site specific quality control and provides continuously feedback to Store Development team.
- Works cross-functionally to assure designs are within budget and best represent the brand identity.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of design professionals retained for the design of the Scope of Work in compliance with Company Unified Design Standards and goals.
- Adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request to the site specific Scope of Work.
- Manages project through the development of the Scope of Work to align with Company business objectives.
- Reports on progress and using lessons learned and best practices from prior projects to re-inject learning's into new projects and provide feedback to the Company Unified Design Standards
- Coordinates creative solutions across multiple departments and areas of expertise.
- Performs all aspects of conceptual design, including space planning, interior elevations, adaption of finish materials, and application of brand and design guidelines.
- Bring deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise. Anticipate emerging trends and facilitate evaluation to organization.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 8years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture
- At least 3 years of experience managing and working with design guideline and design standards for multi unit retail.
- At least 3 years of experience with architectural/site plandesign, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 1 year of experience in building, maintaining and managing (<$0.5m) capital budgets.
- At least 3 years experience establishing, managing, and working with retail store planning and constructionbudgets.
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work AND/OR at least 2 years of experience in experience managing teams in a matrixed environment, managing external resources, and/or developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Job ID 59748BR