This position is responsible for ensuring the management of Facilities and Maintenance, for approximately 1,600 retail stores, globally. This position is responsible for services and vendors, including contract negotiation, management, vendor relations, cost saving initiatives and issue resolutions, to support the retail stores.
Furthermore, this position is responsible for the success of the facilities/maintenance roll out program for all brands. This includes scheduled maintenance, scheduled services and repairs. This role will manage the Store Facilities team and will partner with the Construction Team, Store Operations in the facilitation, scheduling and management of all special facilities and maintenance department projects.
- Manages the Facilities and Maintenance strategy and standards for multiple brands, ensuring alignment with the business goals and objectives. Serves as a liaison between Vendors and the business working with Operations, Construction and Logistics to ensure service levels are met and services are provided as scheduled.
- Develops Facilities and Maintenance procedures and communications in conjunction with Construction, Planning, and Store Communications Teams. Partners with Finance and Audit to document Sarbanes Oxley Policies, Procedures, and Compliance. Establish and maintain relationships with members of the Store Construction & Planning teams, Real Estate, Legal and Store Operations.
- Develops process improvements and new programs.
- Builds relationships & manages Vendors and Contractors including requests for pricing, vendor scorecards, and reporting.
- Prepares and Manages Facilities budgets in excess of $20m annually. Maintains regular forecast reporting thereof.
- Ensures all Facilities and Maintenance issues are completed in a timely manner, within budget, cost effectiveness, and highest Quality to support the stores. Coordinates with vendors to purchase and install any required Facility issue.
- Partners with Sr. Director, Construction/Facilities/Maintenance and store staff on scheduling and scope of work.
- Directs and schedules vendors through all phases of projects. Tracks work schedule on a regular basis.
- Ensures site is repaired according to site design and Chico's FAS, Inc specifications and requirements are implemented according to agreed deliverables.
- Create, manage, forecast, and reconcile budgets for each location as well as manage invoice process efficiently and effectively. Work directly with purchasing team to ensure materials required are ordered and on hand to facilitate projects/repairs. Forecast maintenance required parts for blanket orders.
- Implement, maintain, train, and keep current the Dashboard between the facilities team, Chico's FAS users, and the vendors.
- Develop high level reporting for upper management review.
- Develop and maintains Disaster Preparedness manuals for stores nationwide.
- Implements disaster preparedness program fleet wide (sandbagging, awning removal, local authority mandates, etc.)
- Oversee pre-event preparation and post event restoration of all emergencies.
- Develop and implement RFP processes for annual vendor review and costing analysis.
- Manages LL/Co-tenant work fleet wide within Chico's spaces.
- Manage and direct the efforts of vendors, logistics, field teams, and construction partners for store closures and de-branding.
- Will remain on call for field team and vendor response to provide direction in time of emergency.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction or related field strongly preferred.
- 7+ years' experience in retail construction project management/Facilities or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of construction, Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Ability to understand and prepare budgets, read and interpret documents such as construction drawings, bids and leases
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel frequently and for extended periods
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Multi-site national corporate retailer experience preferred
- Web-based database Facilities Management Software (CMMS) and ServiceChannel software experience a plus