- Responsible for preparation of State and local income and franchise (standalone, unitary, combined, etc.) and indirect (business, sales and use, VAT) external tax compliance (returns, estimates and extensions)
- Responsible for preparation of all supporting workpapers (e.g. state allocations, adjustments and apportionment) and research for U.S. affiliates, including determinations of state-by-state filing methodology
- Responsible for calculation of State and local tax credit (e.g. R&D credit) and incentive calculations
- Maintain comprehensive State tax filing calendar as well as preparation of annual BoD report for each legal entity
- Support and manage State and local taxaudits and inquiries. Identify, quantify, and reportState and local taxrisk
- Oversee and support the external preparation and completion U.S. Customs submissions
- Responsible for all business, property and local taxes for all U.S. affiliates. This includes assisting Finance and Legal at affiliates with unclaimed property taxes and State registrations, respectively
- Implement changes that result from legislative updates into current processes
- Assist stakeholders with tax research and formal documentation as required
- Responsible for monthly, interim and annual taxreporting and forecasts, including annual accrual to return “true-up” entries and monthly tax account reconciliations. Assist in addressing inquiries from internal and external auditors
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of tax calculations and addressing inquiries of internal stakeholders and external financialauditors for U.S. affiliates
- Ensure all tax accounting activities are completed in a manner compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and the NNI internal control environment
- Serve as key point of contact for all stakeholders, internal and external for all matters all State and local compliance, audit and tax accounting matters, e.g. Direct and Indirect Taxes
- Serve as daily contact for internal stakeholders in regard to matters concerning assigned responsibilities, as required
- Identify, recommend and assist in implementation of policy, process and digitization improvements to ensure “best in class” internal and external tax and financial compliance. This includes fully leveraging current and new technologies to streamline processes, improve analysis and create more valuable output for stakeholders
- Assist with the maintenance and update of process documentation for all responsibilities
- Responsible for successful recruiting, leveraging and coordination of taxintern/co-ops and program personnel
- Successfully leverage GSC personnel in performance of assigned responsibilities
- Support ad hoc projects as required by local, regional or global stakeholders
Approximately 5% to 10% overnight travel, including international travel.
Development of People
- A Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is strongly preferred. Advanced degreepreferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Corporate taxexperience is requied. A balance of both public accounting and private industry experience is preferred.
- Industrial Products and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills; strong attention to detail required.
- The ability to work independently on complex tax issues with knowledge of applicable rules and requirements.
- Proficiency in tax technology as well as MS Office products with a high aptitude for databases and spreadsheets for use in tax applications.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Proficiency in CorpTax. Working knowledge of tax automation and/or visualization tools such as CorpTax BOTS, Qlik Sense/Qlik View, Power BI strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of organization.
- Experience with tax research is required.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced matrix environment.
- Works within Novo Nordisk’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk fundamentals.
Requisition ID: 59151BR