Manager, SS&E Commercial Card Sales Training
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
The Manager will join the Sales Strategy and Effectiveness team in support of producing innovative learning and development solutions for the Commercial Card National Expansion team, a new team within Capital One with a sales team located throughout the entire country. The manager will have a focus on consulting, design, implementation, evaluation and relationship management for the Sales team located in the field, to equip the sales team with the relevant business, product, sales, and process knowledge to perform the best work of their lives.
Development of Training
- Produce high quality, scalable learning experiences for Capital One associates that can be measured against changes in employees’ performance skill and the business’ performance
- Consult with managers, subject matter experts, and learning team members on training needs, solution design recommendations, and delivery expectations
- Manage learning projects and initiatives from start to finish, while providing regular progress updates to team leaders and stakeholders
- Design content, including (but not limited to) measurable learning objectives, facilitator and participant materials and tools, experiential scenarios and simulations, assessment and evaluation questions
- Develop online learning solutions which are engaging and creative, while still maintaining the instructional integrity and validity of the solution
- Add or edit basic multimedia assets to content, including: images, audio and video clips, and other graphical content
- Update existing curriculum and stand-alone learning experiences to ensure relevance, effectiveness, and measurability
- Coordinate development efforts to obtain content and timely reviews from clients and subject matter experts
- Travelrequired <25% of the time for the most part, with occasional surges of 25-50% of the time to other Capital One offices or events in the Field.
- Participate in Train-the-Trainer activities
- Facilitate, deliver, and instruct training (classroom and virtual classroom) as part of the Associate Development Strategy for the New Hire program.
- Establish and monitor a measurement mechanism to quantify the performance of the Sales team after completing training requirements.
- Utilize results of measurement to make recommendations and implement recommendations to enhance the Associate Development Strategy.
Associate Development Training Strategy and Thought Leadership
- Work closely with the existing team to ensure inputs that are gathered through the evolution of the business are incorporated into the associate development strategy.
- Partner with other teams, peers, or contract resources to support material development needs, when applicable
- Iterate, succeed or fail and improve. You will be adaptive to diverse approaches to work, leveraging a variety of styles to get work done.
- Manage staff in executing tactical functions in support of delivering and facilitation training for the Commercial Card Sales team.
- Support implementation strategy for training programs
Our ideal teammate is someone who:
- can be both an engaged and highly productive performer as well as someone who can influence direction and policies
- Is confident working autonomously and can be collaborative, positive and solution-oriented with the ability to navigate the organization
- Applies strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Is Agile and adaptive with the ability to work through ambiguity, prioritizing to move work forward
- Is Grounded in data and comfortable using data to uncover opportunities, measure impact and drive decision making
- Has experience or exposure to emerging and leading technologies and learning approaches across disciplines (Agile, Machine Learning, Voice interfaces, self-directed, game-based, etc.)
- Has experience planning on-site events inclusive of travel logistics and securing space.
- Has experience as a people manager
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in program design
- At least 3 years of experience with training content development
- At least 3 years of experience in project management
- At least 3 years of experience managing the execution of training program
- At least 1 year of experience using Adobe Connect or comparable virtual classroom product
- Experience in customer-facing roles or in a sales-oriented organization is a plus
- Process improvement, change management (particularly in rapidly growing businesses), organizational transformation experience are all pluses
Job ID R31251