This position drives sales performance by managing sales, retail execution, operations and key relationships at Wholesaler(s) in an assigned DMA for the Constellation Brands Beer Division. The incumbent partners with an area General Manager to set priorities and execute the business plan for a high priority sales territory.
- Manage and direct a Wholesaler, or group of Wholesalers, including execution of Constellation’s Retail Vision, and Wholesaler Standards and Practices.
- Direct and implement training and development initiatives for Wholesalers under management.
- Participate in the development and execution of the 3year strategic plan associated with the Constellation Gold Network strategy.
- Communicate and collaborate best practice sharing and KPI scorecards across distributor groups with common ownership within the Constellation Gold Network strategy.
- Participate on team projects to identify back of house shared services to add value across multiple distributors.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials in accordance withbudgeting and account/market objectives.
- Provides support and follow through for the National and key Regional On-Premise accounts (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
- Lead selling efforts in a key DMA for Constellation Brands Beer Division.
- Develop plans and goals for all National Sales Priorities including volume, distribution, and seasonal applications for each Wholesaler.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with Wholesalers to develop yearly Constellation goals for Volume, Distribution and Investment.
- Identify market specific business development opportunities to grow Constellation share.
- In partnershipwith the area General Manager (GM) complete ABP/Trimester planning meetings at key Wholesalers that activate all National Sales Priorities including volume, distribution and CTF (Constellation Tactical Fund).
- Conduct market surveys in conjunction with key CBBD promotional windows.
- Develop Trimester plans in partnershipwith the area GM.
- Develop mutually agreed upon volume and distribution goals for Wholesalers under management.
- Determine programming, CTF and Wholesaler Tactical expenditure levels.
- Identify market pricing opportunities and make recommendations including objectives for any change proposed.
- Notify and gain commitment from Wholesalers once price changes have been approved.
- Ensure target PTR/PTC’s are executed.
- Evaluate new product market-level pricing, and then determine go-forward approach.
- Develop CTF investment strategy at the Wholesaler Level by Sales Priority for the upcoming year.
- Develop CTF Annual Business Plan for GM review.
- Communicate Business Planto Wholesalers under management.
- Monitor budget compliance and communicate regularly with Wholesalers.
- Measure Constellation and Distributor investment program ROI and make fact-based recommendations to optimize sales results.
- In conjunction with Specialists, Key Account Managers, National Account Managers, and Wholesalers, execute new product roll out plans.
Volume Driving Initiatives
- Identify Wholesaler performance gaps to plan and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop the tactics and resource plan for initiatives to ensure effective execution and communicate plan of action to all stakeholders.
- Develop and execute best in class programs for brand building activities and our approach to Hispanic consumers.
- For volume initiatives that have already been launched, develop corrective actions where gaps exist and/or identify opportunities for improvement.
- For volume initiative options under consideration, analyze, prioritize and make recommendations for GM consideration.
- Gain commitment from the Wholesaler networkto support the plan for each new initiative and ensure their cooperation throughout the timeframe for execution.
- Work with Wholesalers, chain execution specialists, and other independent specialists to prioritize supply chain issues related to code date/aging inventory problems and make recommendations to GM on most appropriate course of action.
Complete other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience (minimum of 5-8 years sales experience, including 2 years in consumer packaged goods industry).
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of his/her working time, including ability to drive up to5 hrs.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel at advanced level, and PowerPoint, and e-mail programs such as Outlook.
- Knowledge of business software platforms such as Cognos 7/8 and sales reporting tools such as Retail Vision.
- Demonstrated solid analytical and math skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LocationLos Angeles, California
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn