Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our “more human, less corporate” culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success.
The Global Finance & Strategy team is hiring a Manager/Senior Manager of FP&A Business Intelligence & Analytics. This role will lead the development and deployment of a standard suite of metrics and KPI reporting for FP&A as well as design of the Finance & Strategy systems architecture and delivering scale and innovation to simplify FP&A processes easy. The ideal candidate thrives in delivering solutions to complex problems, has an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving business decisions, is a strong team leader and is comfortable working with executives and stakeholders of all levels.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative, working cross-functionally with teams across Finance and the company to identify opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and scale, and deliver solutions through technology, process and shared services. Of immediate focus, you will lead technology deployment of our planning and reporting solution This role will act as the “go to” person for all core FP&A systems and shared service related needs as well as collaborate on reporting company operational metrics. You will need to manage information from multiple systems to distill into a clear message for the analysis requested, with little direct guidance. Candidate must have a FP&A background with experience in delivering technical solutions ranging from macro based optimization to being an expert in FP&A systems such as Hyperion Essbase or Cognos, etc.
- Lead design and solution to execute the next generation FP&A planning and reporting system; lead deep dives into our processes and data to unlock business opportunities and product functionality
- Develop extensive knowledgebase of existing Salesforce FP&A processes, identify opportunities to drive efficiency and scale in partnership with 130+ FP&A team
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus
- Build strong acumen to analyze the data and be the expert to identify inconsistencies and present findings (such as factors that drove results or data quality root causes, etc) to senior members of FP&A
- Be the liaison with IT to manage new capabilities, enhancements and on going maintenance by translating business requirement into technical needs
- Represent FP&A with other functions in CFO’s organization to provide feedback, insight and recommendations to influence strategy and road map and partner on inter-dependent projects
- Partner with Finance PMO to manage project plan and project related communications.
- Proactively work with Finance team members to Identify areas of improvement, partner with IT to implement solutions, lead development of test scenarios and partner with PMO for rollout
- Focus on attention to details while working with finance team members to ensure their reporting and process needs are being met
- Post go-live of the next generation system, be the finance center of excellence and undertaken some administrative responsibilities for the new planning tool
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and manage inter dependencies on other company process to recommend scalable long term processes, architecture and systems.
- Deliver innovative solutions such as, predictive analytics as proof of concept and/or improvement to existing financial systems
- Learn, align and provide thought leadership on world class best practices in FP&A process and systems
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities
- Must have a sense of accountability while influencing others in a team environment to complete their respective tasks
- Must be results and service oriented and ability to make progress with incomplete information
- Bachelor’s Degree Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of FP&A experience with demonstrated technical solutions delivered ranging from Excel macros to expertise in systems like Hyperion Essbase, Cognos, etc
- Highly advanced Excel and VBA skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively
- as well as the business and technical communities
- Extremely adept at integrating disparate information, correlating data, and understanding data trends
- Experience with data quality assessment and implementing solutions to improve the data quality
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and challenging status quo
- Proven track record of building strong relationships and leading with influence