Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
The ideal candidate for this role has extensive analytical experience, is ready to hit the ground running, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and exerts strong leadership skills. This position will directly support global marketing efforts to drive successful campaigns that enable massive growth for the company and be a strategic thought partner to teams including Brand, Channel, Influence, Communications, and Creative. This role requires a proactive leader who can manage projects autonomously in a high-growth, quickly-scaling environment while providing the necessary financial diligence and analysis that will assist management in making critical business decisions.
- Be key FP&A partner to global Marketing leadership in the development of annual plans, budget allocations, and marketing strategies
- Drive goal setting and MROI analysis across Consumer, DTC, Food Service, Retail, International, and other marketing teams
- Analyze results to quantify the impact of marketing spend against key business strategies and metrics to inform future investment decisions
- Use your financial and business modeling expertise to educate, direct, and identify opportunities to continuously improve the ways we spend for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the quarterly forecasting and annual planning processes, including budget oversight and headcount planning
- Work with Accounting, Legal, and Procurement teams to support strong financial management and oversight of major contracts
- Support the month-end close process including variance commentary and assisting with accruals
- 8+ years of previous FP&A experience with at least 2 years in consumer goods, food, apparel, retail, or a related industry
- 2+ years of marketing FP&A experience preferred
- A strategic mindset and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated and proactive with an exceptionally high bar for quality and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to partner cross-functionally using leadership and relationship building
- The ability to navigate and thrive in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly
- Willingness and flexibility to vary hours and efforts according to deadlines
- A genuine passion for Impossible Foods mission.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience building and managing complex financial models
- B.A. degree in quantitative field such as finance, economics, statistics, or related field
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.