Owning the premium segment is a top priority for the Company. The Global Premium Products & Benefits organization (GPPB) within American Express Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) is responsible for identifying, creating, and managing the global charge product portfolio, and developing benefits and services that cater to both our premium consumer and business Card Members.
The Manager/Sr Manager – GPPB, Strategic Insights, will have much exposure to leaders within the GPPB and GCSG organization. This role will be critical to this by utilizing data analysis, combined with financial acumen, to more effectively leverage data and insights to optimize premium product management. Responsibilities
- Leverage complex data sources to extract meaningful data. Conduct strategic analyses to inform business decisions and actionable recommendations.
- Communicate analytics-based insights to partners within and beyond the GPPB organization.
- Develop and automate reports/dashboards to inform GPPB partners and senior leaders.
- Manage ad-hoc projects and partner closely with EDA, Finance, etc. to identify opportunity areas and deliver analytical solutions.
- Experience manipulating and extracting insights from large and complex datasets.
- Strong programming/analytics skills are required (SQL, SAS, R, PYTHON, HIVE, etc.)
- Working experience in reporting (i.e. data visualization, KPIs tracking, scorecards)
- Good understanding of the charge economics with proven success in driving business results via strategic analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams across an organization to drive results
- Intellectual curiosity about the premium card and benefits space. Experience in Charge/Loyalty analytics is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in following areas: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, or related quantitative fields.