The Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) Finance department provides cost-effective stewardship of the Bank's IT and financial resources used to support creation of shareholder value. IT&S Finance has a dual reporting relationship to both Corporate Finance and IT&S. Objectives of the department include:
• Provide timely, decision-oriented business analysis, reporting and solutions that enable IT&S to measure, manage and control their performance.
• Actively partner with business units to provide specialized financial expertise and insight to support / lead business strategy decisions and solve business problems.
• Maintain a system of on-going monitoring and controls to ensure IT&S meets its financial obligations, while applying good corporate governance principles and practices.
The Financial Information Systems (FIS) team within the department is accountable for managing and/or administering the various financial systems utilized by IT&S / IT&S Finance (e.g. Cost Allocation Model, Time Tracking, Contract Management, etc.) and is the custodian of the IT&S Finance data repository. The team is a key strategic partner in supporting process improvement and reporting capabilities across IT&S Finance through the use of automation and leveraging available data/systems.
The Manager ensures and provides cost-efficient, effective, and timely development (i.e. systems enhancements), user testing, implementation, administration, maintenance, and production support for IT&S Finance systems to meet the financial information management needs of IT&S Finance and the broader IT organization.
The Manager directly supports all aspects of the system development and maintenance life cycle, and is committed to the provision of high quality end-user support for supported systems, processes, and applications.
The incumbent oversees and provides the efficient and accurate delivery of data processing and data management support for IT&S Finance applications, while ensuring the efficient and timely generation of accurate reporting.
The Manager is adept at understanding business processes / requirements and helps translate business needs into systems solutions, with a view to making IT&S Finance more effective and clients better served.
1. Contribute to developing, testing, and implementing new systems, system enhancements, and sources or uses of MIS information, by:
• Gathering requirements across pertinent user and stakeholder groups
• Designing system solutions and gaining acceptance from key stakeholders
• Configuring, testing, and implementing client applications and processes that reduce time for compilation, distribution, processing, and delivery of information
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software, application packages, and development tools/techniques
• Evaluating new functionality offered by financial systems, including new versions and releases to determine potential benefits and application
2. Provide support for systems operations, production, administration and maintenance for assigned IT&S and IT&S Finance systems by:
• Developing, maintaining and managing efficient and reliable production processes
• Managing the resolution of system and reporting performance and connectivity issues
• Ensuring consistency and integration between the various financial measurement systems and reporting
• Creating and maintaining user friendly system and process documentation for IT&S clients and IT&S Finance
• Ensuring compliance and adherence to Bank licensing agreements and security requirements, procedures, and controls
3. Support financial reporting processes by:
• Participating in the efficient and accurate delivery of data processing and data management support for IT&S Finance applications
• Maintaining high quality and reliability in performance, availability, capacity, timeliness and connectivity of systems and reporting
• Ensuring the efficient and timely generation of accurate reports
4. Provide and promote client-focused support and technical assistance, by:
• Making every attempt to understand client needs and providing helpful guidance to clients in troubleshooting technical issues and executing reporting and / or enhancement requests
• Identifying opportunities to improve delivery of services to all key stakeholders in projects and supported processes / systems
• Implementing and maintaining appropriate intake processes to receive, log, prioritize, action, and track client requests
• Responding in a timely fashion to questions and communicating ideas using appropriate delivery method (e.g., in-person, email, etc.) and style
• Providing end users with systems training
5. Execute ongoing process and service re-design and continuous improvement by:
• Researching best practices and trends in the area of IT financial management
• Re-designing workflows to simplify and streamline processes, while maintaining or improving internal controls and the quality of deliverables
• Incorporating automation opportunities, new tools / technologies / systems, standard processes/reports, with a view to making the team more effective by reducing cycle times and increasing analytical capabilities
• Expanding analytical capabilities to support financial governance and service provision; identify and maximize cost efficiencies; adopt the ITIL Framework
6. Work collaboratively with peers, IT&S Area clients, and vendors on projects in achieving objectives by:
• Supporting the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting
• Working on multiple projects as a dedicated project team member or lead
• Fostering a strong, positive team environment and driving a high level of engagement
• Participating in special projects and periodic analysis for management, as needed
• Proven skills in MS Excel, MS Visio, and MS Access (MS Excel VBA, MS Access VBA would be an asset)
• Proficiency in programming with MS SQL Server (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Oracle SQL, and related applications
• Working knowledge of data architecture and design, with a strong understanding of relational and OLAP databases
• Fundamental knowledge of the system development life cycle and familiarity with the application of the ITIL Framework
• Working knowledge of Financial Management tools (Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Business Intelligence, etc.) and IT Financial Management rools (Apptio, vRealize, etc.) is preferred
• Working knowledge of financial management and reporting processes would be an asset
• Effective communication abilities (both verbal and written), with a client-focused service orientation
• Ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality results under very tight deadlines; continuously assess priorities and business requirements, and balance between regular deliverables and project work
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with peers and superiors across organizational lines, and show negotiating tact and dimplomacy in achieving objectives
• Ability to conceptualize issues, deal with issues without precedents, and make timely recommendations
• Ability to encourage team members and stakeholders to work collaboratively
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology/systems, business administration, computer science, finance, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in systems development and systems administration, including experience managing analytical and operational processes, or project management
Requisition ID: 15495