We’re looking for someone to own the media strategy, development and execution of the DoorDash Sports and Entertainment Media function. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Audience Marketing teams, in-house media teams, and our external agency partners to drive demonstrable growth through high profile events, brand partnerships, sports media and the like. This is a first of its kind role at DoorDash and will be a highly visible one within the global organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive the Entertainment Media strategy from conception to execution. This includes, but is not limited to Sports, Gaming, Music, Culture, etc.
- Closely collaborate with the partnerships & audiences teams to develop comprehensive sports and entertainment programs to hit aggressive growth targets in a cost-effective manner
- Build a comprehensive paid media strategy that connects to audiences, owned and earned media
- Work hand in hand with our media agency to maximize the value and performance of all media elements
- Manage a dynamic budget across working media while ensuring the requisite performance metrics are met
- Develop strong relationships with your counterparts in Partnerships, Audience Marketing, Product, Operations, Consumer Experience, and Support to ensure that any programming put into place is executed properly in the eyes of the consumer
- Work cross functionally with internal Procurement teams to maintain any outside vendor or agency relationships required to execute on your plans
- Routinely discuss and present your plans with broader teams in Operations, Finance and Marketing
We’re excited about you because…
You have a strong knowledge of most media platforms and a deep interest in sports and culture. Details are important and you’re a master of them, but you also have a keen eye for the big picture and manage to balance both perspectives. Most importantly, you’re comfortable with ambiguity.
- 4+ years of experience in entertainment or sports media
- Experience in mass media, brand strategy, or event planning
- Experience working with a high profile, consumer facing brand and work to show for it
- A proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing, or deep understanding of, paid customer acquisition channels with an eye towards discrete, measurable targets (marginal CPA, CAC, LTV, etc)
- Comfort and experience with quantitative marketing analytics, budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and test-and-learn methodologies
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- An interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win