Do you love to negotiate at the car dealership? Are you the friend everyone calls when they have a problem to solve? How many times have you analyzed your car insurance rates against the market—this quarter? Are you comfortable in uncomfortable situations? Are you asked to dial back your competitive nature, even when playing cards with Grandma?
If you've said yes to (at least three of) these questions, then this is a great opportunity for you! Responsible for acting as a strategic business partner to multiple departments and functions across the company, you will be joining a high impact team in a fast-paced environment that continues to evolve. The right person will hold him/herself to a higher standard than most, have a real passion for getting results and value exceeding customer expectations.
- Directly support internal customers' needs related to the sourcing of goods and services.
- Run and drive the Source-to-Contract process: from receipt of business requirements to drafting RFx, negotiating terms, redlining and shepherding contract to signature.
- Act as liaison with other key partners (Legal, Compliance, Information Security, Accounting, etc.)
- Develop and deliver training to customers about the Procurement process, related tools, etc.
- Use Spend Analytics and Sourcing platform to identify new opportunities and increase value delivered by Spend Management function.
- Continuously evaluate ways to improve processes and gain efficiencies in day-to-day activities, as well as larger-scale, complex projects.
Education / Experience / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain or related business field.
- 7+ years related experience.
- Experience negotiating large, complex contracts.
- Experience sourcing Technology, Facilities and Marketing a plus.
- CPSM (or similar certification) preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- You study the price tags at the store to calculate the cost per square inch of scotch tape to make the right selection and get the best deal.
- Strong strategic sourcing, project management, financial analysis, business and contract negotiation skills.
- Compelling influencing and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrate high Emotional Intelligence.
- A strategic thinker who takes a holistic viewpoint and is comfortable challenging others.
- Ability to deliver results in a changing environment where flexibility is needed to meet the demands of various priorities and deadlines.
- You ALWAYS get the bigger piece of the wishbone.