Job Duties / Tasks
- Oversee for the Canada Region, all maintenance and construction projects for 150+ branches and region offices, including HVAC systems, commercial car wash equipment, vacuum systems, fuel pumps, vehicle hoists, air compressors and oil transfer equipment.
- Manage repair, maintenance and construction projects, including, define scope of work, review capital appropriations for accuracy, obtain and analyze bids, select appropriate contractors and vendors within established guidelines, replacement of equipment when necessary, and supervision of projects, verifying budgets and time schedules are met. Prepare reports for financial and operational analysis of facilities costs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of fire alarms, sign maintenance, security, vehicle cleaning and maintenance, refueling systems, lighting and HVAC, etc. Ensures that these are maintained in accordance with company policies, environmental regulations, building codes, and local/national regulations
- Select and manage vendors, review and negotiate bids for vendor services (e.g., janitorial, landscape, HVAC, etc.). Ensure vendor services are performed timely and properly. Review vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Respond to calls from the field regarding repair and maintenance issues including troubleshooting a wide range of challenges from vehicle cleaning equipment breakdowns to plumbing and roofing via Verisae or directly with the branches. Assist operations with warranty issues.
- Maintain effective two-way communication with location managers, contractors and where required to - government and municipal officials regarding the status of current work projects.
- Approve Capital Appropriations within guideline limits, prepare written communications with various contractors, vendors, and corporate departments on maintenance and capital construction issues.
- Review, analyze, evaluate, and prepare reports on maintenance and capital costs measuring budget and time line compliance.
- Maintain the Verisae system, select and qualify venders and establish venders in the system, respond to emergency maintenance requests. Troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution through Verisae or directly with branches. Ensure adherence to capital budgets.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Project Management (Professional Engineer preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience with building management and/or maintenance, including working with outside vendors and contractors
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Proficiency with Verisae Facilities Management System or similar applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (or similar project planning tool)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.