Individual to manage the overall control environment under COSO 2013, providing oversight and guidance of operating and financial controls to the Company’s businesses, shared service operations, and corporate functions. Manage internal controls compliance, participate in facilitation of GRC activities including segregation of duties, process automation, and IT dependencies, the execution and development of the on-going risk monitoring programs and provide input into the design and implementation of key controls. Coordinate with Corporate Controller group, Internal Audit, IT, Business Units and our external audit firm in support of improving, standardizing and streamlining projects for compliance with various regulations; updating and managing control documentation in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley 404. Ensure business unit processes are well established and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company policies; help identify efficiencies and minimize redundancies across business units to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of operations and reliability of financialreporting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide general and technical guidance relating to internal controls to Controllers, Corporate Accounting staff, Accountants, and other departments.
- Assess and recommend both short and long-term cost effective solutions for internal controls. Evaluate current and planned processes and assess potential control gaps for risk.
- Provide internal controls support for finance transformation initiatives and regularly collaborate with the Corporate Controller, Business Unit leaders and controllers, Shared Service and Corporate groups, Information Technology, and Internal Audit services.
- Provide expert advice of control considerations in policy design and risk assessment .
- Conform control design and policies across business units and acquired companies, to the best extent possible.
- Coordinate between Corporate Controller group, Information Technology, and external and internal auditors in the development of GRC and other internal control systems, including the facilitation of Segregation of Duties management, process automation and IT dependencies.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit in communicating the Sarbanes Oxley 404 Testing Plan, evaluating operating deficiencies identified and working withresponsible groups to correct the deficiencies.
- Identify, address and classify potential control/accounting issues and recommend enhancements to our existing internal controls to remediation
- Communicate overall progress and status effectively with officers, segment heads, controllers, management and auditors.
- Maintain and monitor the systems in support of the Sarbanes Oxley 404 Testing Plan.
- Participate in the annual audit of internal controls with external and internal auditors.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 7 years in accounting or auditing profession with at least three years of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience.
- Internal Audit background preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Experience working with or in a publicly traded company subject to Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements.
- Up to [20%] travelrequired
- Working knowledge and understanding of GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and administrative skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with senior level commercial and financial leaders.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multi-tsk in a time sensitive environment.
- Supervisory experiencedesired.
- Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish common goals.
Job # US10722