We are seeking a Manager, Sourcing, Non-Medical and Purchased Services to be responsible for initiating and supporting the strategy and resulting contracts for non-medical and purchased services as assigned. This includes promoting cost effectiveness and operational efficiency in contracting, purchasing, and utilization and for performing other duties and responsibilities in support of the programs, activities, and staff of the One Supply Chain Management strategy. Primary responsibilities include: managing strategic supplier relationships with regard to Non Medical and Purchased Services sourcing, developing and implementing specific programs in support of the OSCM strategic plan for Purchased Services, negotiation and administration of agreements for the OSCM and Resource Councils; supporting departmental staff and resources to achieve OSCM and Resource Council contracting goals; coordinating and facilitating resource sharing and consensus building processes and programs in collaboration with Health System administrative, clinical and non clinical staff.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Director, Sourcing Non Medical and Purchased Services, Responsible for managing supply, purchased services and non medical contracting exceeding $1 Billion annually.
- Responsible for managing enterprise, regional and site based contracting in acute and non-acute care ministries as assigned.
- Responsible for developing and managing vendor relationships with specific emphasis on purchased services and non-medical, price/service negotiations, vendor integrity and ethics in procurement activities.
- Provide OSCM leadership and group facilitation to Resource Councils in order to achieve strategic goals and initiatives without compromising quality or patient care.
- Ensure that enterprise sourcing program and resulting contracts operate in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Support management of the OSMC strategic plan for purchased services and non medical products under the direction of the Sourcing Director, Non Medical and Purchased Services. Engages in negotiations, monitors contract compliance for purchased services and non-medical contracts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3+ years of Region or enterprise level strategic sourcing experience in a healthcare setting
- 6 years total relevant supply chain management experience
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Key experience highlights include: experience creating and successfully executing strategic plans for highly complex issues; healthcare business operations and/or financial management experience in a healthcare setting; experience standardizing complex and disparate processes within a large healthcare organization; experience in process improvement methodology, change management, and operational improvement in complex systems.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with executive staff, technical staff, internal and external and customers
- Must have proven ability to interact at and communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage. shifting priorities are critical for success in this position.
- Must understand the current Providence sourcing structure and history to be successful.
- Must be successful in gaining consensus in large group operational engagements.
- Should understand the current information available in all existing systems to acquire appropriate information necessary for success.
- Must understand the political, financial, and clinical environment which surrounds major players to successful sourcing. This includes Providence and suppliers.
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
- Able to rapidly summarize complex information and present to others.
- Proficiency with the MS-Office suite of products, Outlook, and general Lawson MMIS knowledge.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Enterprise level experience with Purchased Services strategy development and contract management.
Job Number: 219891