This is a cross-functional team leader inside the Integrated Design & Solutions (IDS) team providing client 3PL solutions design for the North American market (all NFI lines of business) in parallel with business development, engineering, operations excellence, and the business operations team. Manager, Solutions Design will be responsible for leading/facilitating the NFI solutions management process for incoming RFPs/RFQs they are assigned and leading cross-functional teams to design best-in-class integrated supply chain solutions incorporating distribution management, real estate, dedicated fleet transportation, non-asset based TM, brokerage services, intermodal, and NFI global and international forwarding services. This position will report to the Director, Solutions Design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the NFI new business development process thru leading and facilitating the NFI solutions management process and cycles in collaboration with BD/sales opportunity owners. Provide cross-functional program management of all assigned RFI/RFPs, facilitation of internal SM cycle and compliance associated with RFP response, client-facing consultancy support upfront in the sales cycle and during RFP engagement (pre-sales engagement), ensure stakeholder engagement during RFP cycle aligned to company requirements, and execute deal selection and qualification analysis.
- Lead cross-functional RFP project teams to provide an integrated customer solution/pricing during RFP cycle windows. SM owns the solution RFP and serves as the single program manager and contact point for sales on solution development. Role will work with other NFI team resources and SMES for needed deal pricing inputs and requirements: such as engineering resource modeling, design routing/fleet sizing for dedicated fleet, design warehouse layout/staffing/and process rates of flow, and pricing and finance analysis models for executive review. Additionally, creativity (innovation) is a critical element of the design output of this team. Create unique competitive advantage in our solutions based on our design standards, best practices, and technologies/services.
- Position will own the quality/accuracy and timeliness of RFP and pricing response delivery to customers in collaboration with sales for an assigned RFP or client opportunity. This role will lead the cross-functional solution project teams for RFP responses (including operations, sales, engineering, finance, and HR). Critical element of the SM team responsibility will be leverage and use of approved NFI design and engineering standards, pre-defined product methods and solutions, and leverage of approved content and marketing standards.
- Key leader in product development strategies ahead of RFP cycle to sell into a client growth strategy or vertical market using all NFI’s integrated services capabilities and assets. Collaborate/lead with engineering, operations, and business development the proactive development and branding of NFI’s products and services portfolio in alignment to company growth strategy. Become SME experts inside key market verticals (ie. CPG, retail, Ecommerce, Food)
- Support the NFI innovation program. Lead and project manage innovation early adoption programs with key vendors, test pilots, and business case analysis for nex-gen services and technology inside the warehouse and supply chain. Integrate innovation into future solutions and design opportunities to create strategic advantage.
- Support sales with client-facing consultancy and pre-sales engagement ahead of RFPs. Attend site visits, customer workshops, and lead and facilitate client engagement to develop solution design and architecture. Support the lifecycle of the RFP with business development (all stages). Lead client presentations during the RFP cycle.
- Solutions Manager will remain with a RFP for the lifecycle of the opportunity (from bid proposal and RFP stage thru implementation go-live steady state). Solutions Manager will lead and own customer change management and requirements during the bid proposal cycle. Once business is award SM will lead and facilitate solution handover to project management and remain with the project for the lifecycle to steady state as a member of the project team.
- Partner with engineering and operational excellence teams to drive existing operations CIP and yield improvement projects: VSM/Kaizen events, and other strategic client engagements.
- Lead R&D, and industry analysis. Be a leader engaging the industry in conferences, boards, and university forums.
- BS degree (Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business) is required. Industrial Engineering degreepreferred.
- 7-10 years of professional work experience including minimum of 1 year direct 3PL experience
- Minimum of 2 years in industrial engineering and/or logistics engineering design capacity
- Experience in warehousing design, CAD layout, MHE specification
- Experience in dedicated fleet design and logistics engineering and/or non-asset based TM
- Demonstrated experience in leading client-facing consultancy and engagement; expertise in team workshop facilitation
- Some experience with WMS or TMS
- Experience and comfort level working with large amounts of customer data (advanced statistics/analytics skills a plus)
- High level of business and financial acumen
- Vertical market SME inside CPG, retail,
- Travel: 35-50% (based on needs of the business and project-client engagement)
- Master’s degree / MBA is a plus.
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP. Manufacturing experience and credentials.
- Lean Six Sigma greenbelt or higher credentials. Operational excellence leader.
- PMP certification and/or direct 3PL operations implementation experience
- Experience with non-asset based transportation management (SP&E, carrier mgmt, engineering, FBAP, procurement)
- Business management consulting experience and/or 3PL sales/business development experience
- Experience with IT development: SQL developer, API/EDI development, Adv MS Access developer
- Ecommerce experience (operations, design, and industry)
- Automation, mechanization, and advanced WCS inside the warehouse
- Experience leading comprehensive network design study and models working with tools such as i2, Llamasoft, or CAST.
- Experience with global air FF, ocean NVO, intermodal, domestic brokerage, FTZ, cross-border, and int’l supply chain
- Experience with warehousing, network, or transportation simulation tools and technologies
This is a client-facing position responsible for leading cross-functional teams in support of new business growth. Demonstrated communication skills, program management/project management skills, and team facilitation skills are required. Experience facilitating workshops, team projects, and client consulting engagements is critical. Position location is required to be the following: Cherry Hill, NJ / Dallas,TX / Ontario, CA / Chicago, IL.