You are part of a highly dynamic and innovative development team working on the latest technologies and in the exciting fast-growing Digital Health space. The Software Test Engineering team is responsible to perform in-scrum, acceptance, integration, system, system of system, performance and formal Verification and Validation (V&V) DHT test activities, for all Web, Desktop and Mobile ResMed products.
As the Manager, Software Test Engineering (STE), you are the regional leader for Software Test Engineering which encompasses Test, Performance and V&V functions. The role strives to ensure that STE activities are conducted to a high standard aligned with the right business priorities and needs.
This is a hands-on role, perfect for a manager who has experience delivering high-quality software and test automation solutions in a highly dynamic development environment, who enjoys rolling their sleeves up, getting involved in solving problems and removing obstacles.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Provide line management including mentoring and coaching of their team
- Able to be hands-on where and when required across all areas within the Test domain.
- Build strong technical expertise and engineering leadership within the STE Chapter teams and actively support their growth
- Lead and determine best-value test strategy to ensure product requirements meet the defined quality and regulatory standards
- Ensure that the STE team develops, maintains and evolves a robust test automation strategy and implementation
- Lead or assist in solving technical problems and identifying long term solutions and/or options
- Engage with responsibilities for defect triaging and forensics
- Have excellent time management skills, through optimizing of allocated resources to deliver results on time
- Recruit the right people for skills and cultural fit
- Motivate, coach and mentor team members to develop and grow technical talent
- Uphold engineering rigor in the Chapter
- Build collaborative relationships within teams and across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Actively enhance performance by fostering team cohesiveness, and continuous improvement. Lead continuous improvement efforts with a strong desire to improve the activity of product development
- Have excellent time management skills, through optimizing of allocated equipment and resources to deliver results on time.
- Maintain superior technical skills and knowledge
Let's talk qualifications and experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline required; advanced degree a plus
- Direct people leadership experience in software, IT or engineering environment is preferred
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Significant experience in testing and/or software development, automated test script development
- Strong understanding and experience working within an Agile software development process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Continuous Integration Systems