Eko is a venture-backed digital health company which harnesses the power of smartphones and cloud data for screening and monitoring individuals with cardiovascular diseases. We have built a platform of non-invasive cardiovascular monitoring devices, clinical software, and point-of-care decision support software to improve the delivery of cardiovascular care.
In 2015, we launched the Eko Core Digital Stethoscope, the first FDA-cleared digital stethoscope on the market to wirelessly stream heart and lung sounds to HIPAA-compliant software. It is now used by clinicians at over 1000 hospitals & health systems around the globe and was recognized as a “Best Invention of the Year” by TIME Magazine. Eko's latest FDA-cleared device, DUO, is the first combined digital stethoscope and ECG cardiac monitor with cardiac AI for in-clinic and at-home monitoring, offering 28 million heart disease patients the ability to seamlessly send cardiac data to their physicians.
Eko was established in 2013 and has offices in Oakland and Hayward.
As a Lead Software Quality and Automation Engineer at Eko, you will:
- Collaborate with Product/Design/Engineering to realize product requirements.
- To participate in product technical and architectural design discussions.
- Identifying issues, verifying test cases and executing them and recording results.
- Review Document History File (DHF) documents for completeness.
- Design, develop and implement automation projects (example of tools: Appium, AWS Device Farm, Espresso, selenium, pytest-bdd) for applications running on Android, iOS and windows as well as applications running on web interface.
- Ability to write verification protocol with traceability.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Identify risks, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the project life cycle, managing them through closure.
- Collaborate with Quality to ensure Design Control deliverables applicable to software verification and validation are met
- Communicate with release change and impact analysis to Quality (that relates to requirements and design changes)
- Work with Quality to investigate software complaints and provide resolution
- Collaborate with Quality to perform OTS Validation
- 2+ years minimum of managing or leading an internal team
- Experienced in planning and leading testing efforts for software development projects.
- Skilled in designing and documenting test cases and test plans, and in running those test plans.
- Solid knowledge of software testing tools for building automation frameworks.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual
- 4 + years of experience in software engineering product assurance and building test automation.
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux environment and scripting (Shell or Python).
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science required or equivalent.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with building and testing software as part of regulated medical devices
Eko is elevating the way clinicians detect and monitor cardiac and respiratory disease by bringing together advanced sensors, patient and provider software, and AI-powered analysis. Its FDA cleared platform is used by tens of thousands of clinicians treating millions of patients around the world, in-person, and through telehealth. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California and privately-held, with investments from ARTIS Ventures, NTT Venture Capital, DigiTx Ventures, Mayo Clinic, Sutter Health and others.