The Software Product Manager is responsible for defining and enabling effective Software Product Management at Hertz. This role will manage the overall product lifecycle from inception to eventual retirement of the product. The Software Product Manager will be collaborating with the Product Marketing Management team, and other cross functional teams, to build a product team focuses on the fulfillment of a product vision and make it a business success. The role determines what product, enhancements and features to build and is accountable for the business success with that product. The product manager develops and manages strategic product vision, product scoping and the software product roadmap aligned with Product Marketing’s strategic plan
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers to generate ideas for a new software product, or for the next version of an existing product.
- Works directly with software engineers to answer questions, remove blockers, write and prioritize stories, accept completed stories from the teams.
- Collect and prioritize of business and market requirements from customers, domain experts, customers of earlier versions of the product, prospects, domain experts, technology visionaries
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers to specify what the product should do. Responsible to define Unified Modeling Language (UML) use cases, Unified Modeling Language (UML) Activity Diagrams and HTML mockups. Responsible to define the software development environment, and the software deployment environments (client-server, web, etc.).
- Constantly review above specifications with the software engineering team, and manage conflicts between the business units, the sales teams, and the engineering teams, as it applies to the software products to be built out.
- Conducts weekly/bi-weekly product demonstrations to stakeholders and customers using web-based conferencing tools and partnering with Product Marketing Managers to build product demonstrations.
- Solicits customer feedback, reports software bugs, and works withsoftware engineering for subsequent build / release cycles, as the product stabilizes, and then matures.
- Define and manage the product roadmap, product KPI’s and
- 5-10 years relevant experience in product management or product development with a fast- paced technology company
- Experience in building and fostering teams based on lean product development, focused on driving new practices in a fast- paced fortune 500 company
- Operates and behaves like a “CEO” of the Software Product Discipline, prefer experience in start-ups
- Experience measuring a products’ contribution on sales (top-line) and profits (bottom-line)
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science with a minor in marketing or related business degrees.
- MIS/MS/MBA desired