- Lead development team to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software.
- Continuously review and improve the application technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Interface with business partners to understand business needs and transform into appropriate scoped solutions.
- Manage application production support and prevent recurring issues.
- Lead architecture, design, and requirement sessions and produce appropriate documentation as required.
- Maintain a set of best practices to facilitate consistent development deliverables on team.
- Be hands on with application technology when required.
- All supervisory functions including performance management of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of management experience, managing a team of 5+ web developers, including HR functions (coaching, performance evaluation, corrective action)
- 5+ years of experience with project and resource prioritization, developing strategic project roadmaps and working directly with business clients
- 5+ years of experience with a formal SDLC methodology, managing web application projects and developing SDLC artifacts
- 7+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture (REST/SOAP, Web API, WCF)
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server or other modern IDE and version control system such as GIT
- Experience working in a DevOps environment following CI / CD principles
- Experience working within a team that follows an agile / scrum development methodology
- Solid teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with partners, employees and leadership
- Healthcare experience
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.