The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for leading the application system architecture and engineering team in the design, development, quality assurance, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and overall performance planning, tuning and management of application servers in various environments.
Post COVID, this role will be required to report to the company’s worksite location
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of hands on server engineering and testing experience for high transactional system.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience directly managing a commercial software development team with direct responsibility for managing staff.
- Experience architecting/designing large scale distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with Web services/RESTful API, and Microservices.
- Extensive experience in personnel management and career development, with a proficient understanding of management theory and an emphasis on motivational theory.
- Experience and proficiency in task and project estimation.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Have a broad understanding of application design, standards, and management.
- Hands-on, technical management experience with creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional people management and communication skills with demonstrated success in delivering results.
- The ability to to sudden changes in major project parameters in a rational and effective fashion.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of current industry standard and best practices.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a progressive, linear, and easy-to-follow manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication including the ability to speak to large groups of people.
- An ability to maintain composure in crisis situations.
- A direct and open style of communication that leads to full transparency.
- A clear understanding of how product quality is defined, measured, and verified.
- A clear understanding of project management concepts and processes.
- Exceptional time management and delegating skills.