SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
The Content Delivery team is looking for an engineering manager to lead a team focused on building robust solutions to support the transcoding of audio, resizing of artwork, inventorying of content, and preparing it for delivery to our consumers. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership and people skills, a passion for scaling content systems, and a desire to build strong partnerships with stakeholders. You will be leading a team responsible for ensuring our exponentially growing catalog of content can be delivered to our users quickly, efficiently, at-scale and in the ideal formats to accomplish our mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead an initially smaller team of 2-3 engineers while helping contribute directly to the team’s codebase and projects under development.
- Collaborate with product management to develop and maintain a technical roadmap for the team that clearly defines prioritization of feature development alongside engineering-driven improvement efforts.
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with SiriusXM and Pandora’s recruiting team.
- Guide career development of engineers on the team, do performance reviews, and make compensation-related decisions.
- Manage and drive engineering quality of service initiatives to support the long-term technical health of the media delivery team.
- Ensure high-quality shippable software deliverables are produced on a regular schedule.
- Work with geographically distributed teams.
- Directly manage a team of 2-3 engineers with the potential to grow over time.
- 2+ years leadership experience as an engineering team lead, manager, or senior manager role.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience leading a team as a technical lead or engineering manager.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and work cross-functionally across many teams and organizations in order to deliver on team objectives.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience developing projects using Python.
- Experience developing microservices that communicate over web API and asynchronous messaging queues such as Kafka.
- Experience working with and knowledge of audio codecs strongly desired.