As the Manager of Software Engineering, you are responsible for the direct supervision and mentoring of software engineers that are either permanent or contract employees. You will be responsible for your team's delivery of high-quality, robust, scalable software solutions to meet the needs of the Cision global organization. You will be expected to oversee and coach individual contributors such that they adhere to Cision's Agile and Scrum development methodologies, deliver solutions in an iterative way each sprint, obey engineering best practices, and adhere to the highest standards of quality.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will improve our client's experience and optimize internal processes for maximum efficiency. With your peers, you will assist in the effort of defining Cision's development practices. You will work closely with the other Engineering and Product teams to help Cision deliver high quality software to our customers.
The successful candidate will offer experience leading distributed teams and be passionate about software delivery. You will have the technical acumen to understand applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies.
- Significant experience in managing software engineering professionals
- Proven experience of coaching/mentoring engineers in an Agile environment
- Minimize intra-team performance liabilities that must necessarily escalate up to or be driven down from R&D and Technology senior management for resolution.
- People leadership -- Mentor professional growth and day-to-day operational logistics for your team, including new hire recruitment/orientation, expense reporting/time off, resource scheduling and project management, technical training/skills growth, and morale at an individual as well as team level.
- Understanding of the entire stack and a broad knowledge of Enterprise level, web-based application development.
- Benchmark & monitor expectations as they apply to individual contributors
- Empower individual contributors to reach their maximum potential
- Meet challenges & opportunities with new ideas to contribute to the overall success of the team & organization
- Demonstrated track record working with Product, other departments, and other areas of IT
- Continuous integration experience
- Pro-active and self-starting individual
- Assure education, awareness, and adherence of your team to Cision software development processes and standards, including Scrum agile development, automated unit and functional testing, internationalization, usability, scalability, and service oriented architecture initiatives.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Significant experience in managing Software Development Engineers