Omnicell is the world leader in pharmacy robotics, and we’re expanding beyond inventory management into inventory analytics. The Performance Center tech-enabled service helps hospitals and health systems understand how meds flow through their business, from the loading dock to the nurse’s glove, and then apply clinical expertise and advanced machine learning to uncover opportunities to adjust that flow to improve safety, cost, efficiency, and patient outcomes. And the next step for us is to help busy clinicians act on those opportunities by building efficient, industry-leading workflows.
To do that, we take terabytes of data from thousands of devices and translate it to simple, actionable steps our clients can take to improve their overall performance. This is achieved through a sleek new microservices architecture primarily composed of Kafka, Spark, PostgreSQL, .NET Core, and Angular all running in AWS.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts in an agile environment
- Hold your own in a technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Provide employee development, team building, coaching and mentoring.
- Aid in the recruiting of future Omnicell engineers.
- Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance and integrity.
- Still be a member of the technical team and “ship” software 20% of the time.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience building web-based SPA applications. Ideally using C# and the .NET Framework.
- Experience scaling and deploy applications in the cloud using technologies like AWS, Lamdba, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical experience working with interfaces such as HL7, FHIR. EDI and working with PHI is a big plus.
- Ability to help teams balance the right architecture with the realities of shipping software to customers quickly
- Demonstrated leadership and experience guiding teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge great relationships with key stakeholders.
- Clear understanding of Agile development practices.
- Ability to mentor and grow junior engineers.
- Ability inspiring teams to execute to a common vision.
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience building web-based applications with:
- C# and .Net framework or equivalent
- Angular 4 or equivalent
- 2+ Years of experience delivering software in the cloud
- 2+ years’ experience leading a software development team
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience leading a software development team
- 1+ year experience working in Healthcare.