Manager, Software Engineering
Here is an exciting opportunity for you to engineer transaction switching services using technology and expertise. Join our global engineering group in building massively scalable, highly available cloud native solutions architected for highest security and low latency.
You will lead the design, development, and deployment of applications and business systems in support of core network connectivity for global transaction switching services. Provide leadership through strong organizational and technology management skills. Work with partners, vendors, and peers to develop and coordinate architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution. As an inspirational leader, you will ignite technology transformation focused on delivering new and innovative solutions to support the broader goals of the business.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
• Domain expertise: Developing a deep understanding of how payments network connectivity and transaction switching environments operate.
• Technology leadership: Providing technical leadership for solving complex problems and guiding engineering staff.
• Solutions execution & delivery: Owning the organization development & delivery of concurrent initiatives. Overseeing the implementation of new customer connectivity that feeds into the transaction switching environment.
• Oversee the development, configuration and implementation of new technologies and platforms supporting the transformation of the business. Engage and ensure that the project definition is aligned to the target state architecture and meets the desired business outcome.
• Lead the overall systems development life cycle from understanding business/technical requirements including architecture, drive engineering design, configuration, code delivery, testing and deployment of ‘core network connectivity’ enterprise application.
• Own senior management level communication and interaction for delivery and support including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
• In partnership with the Architecture, continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs.
• Coordinate implementation of system enhancements & upgrades to assure optimal system performance, security and reliability.
• Serves as the key technical interface between IT and all business functions to determine current and future technology needs for core network connectivity.
• Implement and maintain platform roadmap for core network connectivity, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements.
• Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
• Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
• Identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develops employees as organizational resources
• Lead multiple employees to perform at their best and manage costs to be most optimal with a balance of vendor and employee blend.
• Actively engage in vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract content negotiation and ongoing vendor relationship management.
• Engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real time event streaming systems etc.)
• Experienced in building platforms with micro service architecture and APIs using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, Apache Tomcat environments along with virtualization like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
• Experienced in Apache Kafka, application development in C++, Java etc.
• Deep knowledge of networking technologies and messaging protocols. Understanding of the Linux networking stack, system configuration, and socket programming.
• Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile.
• Delivered scalable products that were deployed on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Automate Everything (CI/CD): Ensure quality across the full stack of your products and platform via rigorous automated software build, testing (unit, functional, integration), using continuous integration and automated deployment & automated monitoring practices.
• Experience building highly skilled technology teams and working with vendors.
• Bachelors in Computer Science (Master Degree, preferred)