Not Specified years
Posted 240 days ago
Mastercard’s Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security, a Mastercard company, is an award-winning company that predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis, letting clients predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are seeking a lead developer to join our Product Development team that builds technology solutions for the core roadmap projects for NuData’s leading behavioral and fraud analysis product, NuDetect.
• Are you an experienced and highly skilled software development professional?
• Are you able to use your technical expertise and leadership abilities to successfully complete and deliver projects that add to and enhance the core technology that powers the data collection, analysis, and interdiction features of NuDetect and related components?
• Lead a development team responsible for building components that enable the core development roadmap of the NuDetect behavioral and fraud analysis product
• Work with project stakeholders to review and understand project requirements and ensure that the team has a clear and complete picture of what is required to successfully complete the project
• Create technical designs (with subject matter experts from the team) that describe the solutions that the team will build and facilitate the review and approval process with the key project stakeholders
• Lead the process for breaking down the work into stories and working with the team in order to expand and estimate on these and to plan these into sprints
• During sprint execution, support team members in overcoming technical and project challenges in order to complete the planned targets for the sprints and for the overall project
• Plan for and provide technical support for the deployment process for the components and features the team is responsible for in order to achieve successful production deployment
• Support the creation and updating of supporting deliverables required as part of the deliveries (such as technical documentation)
• Grow the development team capacity by both leading the hiring process for new developer positions and by developing the skillsets of existing team members through mentoring and training
• Supply continuous feedback to team members and lead the completion of regular performance appraisals
• Provide coaching and guidance to team members on software development best practices and company development standards; also lead code reviews and ensure required automated software tests are properly created and executed
• Be a subject matter expert on the team’s domain of responsibility within the NuDetect Product; using that expertise, be a primary source of knowledge to all areas of the company on how the core product/technology works, provide ideas for technical solutions for new project requests, and be a key voice in the technical decision making process for decisions that define the architecture and implementation of NuDetect
• Drive trouble-shooting and resolution of technical problems with the team in the components the team is responsible for across Staging, QA, and Production environments
All About You
• Demonstrated expertise of software development experience
• Experience with leadership and people management
• Experience with Agile Scrum development teams
• Expert-level development experience with at least one object-oriented language (PHP, Java, C#, C++, Python); please note that the primary development language will be PHP
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems
• Bachelors of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
• An interest in fraud detection and security
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, great extended health benefits, flextime schedules, and a work environment that encourages and supports professional development. All that and beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t suck, and colleagues who are as brilliant as they are likeable. We love working here, and we think you will too.