The Software Engineer Manager leads a team of Software Engineers to solve complex eDiscovery problems utilizing modern cloud software technologies. This is a hands-on leadership role, responsible for design and architecting as well as help develop products using Microsoft and open source technologies to improve productivity, efficiency and reduce errors happening in manual eDiscovery review processes and workflows.
What You Will Do:
- Directly manage and lead senior, mid and junior developers. Ensure they are successfully executing specified designs to the internal standards set for engineering product.
- Responsible or designing software applications and processes from conception to completion, including the ability toeffectively convey those designs to peers, management and customers.
- Establish standards and processes within the Engineering group in order to continuously improve their consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the overall product.
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within timeand cost constraints.
- Contribute to the planning and estimation of software development timelines and accountable to deliver on thetimelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements.
- Responsible for hiring and meeting the organization's leadership standards.
- Follow and contribute to the constant improvement of agile software development processes and practices (SCRUM) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense.
- This is a people management role
- Expect to manage 4 to 8 direct reports onsite or in remote locations
- Possibly manage external contractors, vendors and suppliers
What You Will Need:
- B.S. in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience/certification.
- 7+ years professional software development including expertise in:
- Application development language such as C#, .NET Core
- Web technologies, frameworks like ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, REST API, and Angular
- Database development, query optimization and handling large datasets in a technology like Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and No SQL technologies
- 3+ years leading engineering teams, including delegating, managing and prioritization of work.
- The ability to work cross group to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations and priorities.
- Experience in eDiscovery industry and Relativity highly desirable.
Lighthouse participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Social Security Administration (SSA), and Department of State (DOS) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Though participation in E-Verify is required of some employers, most employers participate voluntarily.