We are seeking a leader that will leverage their experience, skills, and knowledge to help us transform our platform into a modern and scalable system that will serve as the foundation for business innovation and growth in the future. We are employing the latest cloud infrastructure, cutting-edge technology, and best practices to build world-class software.
KAR Auction Services provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR's unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, salvage, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of more than 5.5 million units valued at over $40 billion. KAR's integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 120 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Ind., KAR has approximately 17,500 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
What you will be doing:
- Collaboratively set a product and technical direction with your teams
- Drive, create, and improve operational excellence, quality, security and privacy initiatives within your teams and the entire engineering organization
- Support an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals. Work with our people operation leadership to maintain our high performance and high morale
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Keep projects short and tightly scoped
- Spend twenty-five percent of your time developing software solutions for the team
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions and expression those solutions at a task level.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer escalations
- Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to employees
- Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for team and individual team members, recruit and train team members
You should have the following skills:
- Software Management experience is a requirement. Most the management experience will be within some type of agile environment. Experience with SaaS Product development is a plus.
- You will need to be hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code. We don't need you to be the strongest or most productive engineer on the team but your onboarding will involve at least a month working as an engineer on one of our products.
- Have deep knowledge of a high-level programming language, ideally .NET, Angular, and Azure. Great people are effective and learn what we use quickly. Our ideal is for every team to be comfortable working across the full stack, delivering new features and capabilities from start to finish.
- Experience, writing high quality object oriented code
- Agile/Scrum processes
- A team player that can work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, work hard and have fun
- Able to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment
- Highly organized and has a superior attention to detail
It would be great if you had these:
- Azure Cloud Development and Deployment, PaaS, .NET Stack
- Excellent Debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with high availability and scalable systems
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- DevOps (Git source code management, automated build and release, etc.)
- Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, Functional)
- Demonstrated hustle and passion as it relates to delivery impactful software solutions