$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works!
We are seeking a leader to manage the backend team that's responsible for some of the key server-side platform services powering the feed for social actions and following entities. These are highly available services operating at web scale and are major components of the feed that our members experience. This person will play a critical role leading a talented team of engineers and collaborating closely with other partner teams working on important parts of the feed ecosystem. The ideal candidate has a strong tech background in large-scale distributed systems, a passion for engineering and operational excellence, and experience growing engineers. This position is full-time and based in our Bay Area offices.
• Build roadmap and develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other platform engineering teams
• Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers - evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
• Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for growth, action, and craftsmanship
• Collaborate closely with other engineering and product teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack and deliver value to members and the business
• Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years experience in software engineering management
• 5+ years experience programming in Java, C/C++, C#, SQL, Python, and/or Ruby
• Experience building and running large scale, distributed services
• Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing top engineering talent
• Successful track record of managing small teams of engineers and project management skills
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in concurrency, storage systems, and distributed computing
• Experience with databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management
Valid Through: 2019-9-13