Manager, Software Engineering
We are looking for a technical leader who has a penchant for People management and wants to work for an innovative online travel technology company? The role involves leading engineering pods working on enterprise grade large scale systems to deliver unique travelexperiences to millions of customers across the COMET suite of websites.
Are you an advocate of Agile engineering methods? Does working within a service orientated high transactional volume environment excite you? Do you have what it takes to build and lead a strong development team and drive engineering standards? If any of those are true then this role would be a perfect fit for you.
On a day to day basis, we expect this role to build, lead and mentor a team of full stack application engineers, partnering closely with their product counterparts to support the business by delivering high quality solutions. As the Manager, you would be playing a Lead technical role responsible for the building, leading and mentoring of engineers through the full development lifecycle of the solution. You must have the ability to roll up your sleeves to design and build quality solutions.
What you'll do:
- Manage teams of software engineers responsible for providing desired functionality to assigned products or services, including remote resources
- Drive agile development methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices of the team
- Allocate available resources to meet delivery and operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, business partners, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Actively participate in the discussion of non-technical business requirements and data gathering
- Actively work with the leadership teams and engage in strategic discussions about data strategy and decision support
- Lead the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of software; and ensure they meet established specifications on time and quality standards, and are within budget
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions to meet business objectives
- Work with multi-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design
- Ensure all code is reviewed appropriately and meets quality, operational and architectural standards for successful product delivery
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or a similar degree or relevant professional experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with open source technologies
- Proven success as a software engineering lead who mentors and coaches highly functional teams
- Strong people leadership skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization