Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Manager, Software Engineering will lead a team in the successful delivery of critical software projects. This role will work with cross-functional teams and various business stakeholders to devise solutions to urgent business challenges. This role will communicate with project managers and leaders at all levels of our business. This individual will be responsible for continued successful support of Software Engineering and their mission to deliver critical development at Exact Sciences in a wide range of areas of the business.
Emphasis will be placed on the person's technical and leadership skills as well as ability to coach their team to success and foster an innovative team environment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise capabilities in the engineering team; including, but not limited to, developing coding, testing, and deployment protocols and implementing best practices.
- Maintain strong relationships and transparency with key stakeholders (Lab, Sales, Support, Customers, and Affiliates).
- Partner with business and technology teams to prioritize roadmaps, requirements, balance business need with capacity, and technology constraints.
- Work with business stakeholders and engineering teams to design innovative solutions to complex challenges faced by the Company.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Apply good process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide excellent project communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Execute project delivery to client satisfaction on time, on budget with quality.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
- Facilitate results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls, and leading in a managed service environment.
- Drive continuous improvements in organizational performance and efficiency, and career development for employees.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed to capture system requirements and communicate system functionality.
- Participate in and lead design discussions.
- Participate in software engineering as time allows.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Exact Sciences locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a field related to the essential duties of the job; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology with increasing responsibility and advancing technical skills.
- 3+ years of experience leading or directing people and/or project teams.
- Proficiency of object-oriented, service-oriented architecture, micro-service architecture, and programming principals.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience with one of the following areas: ERP, LIMS, Bioinformatics, or clinical data management.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, GCP, FDA, ISO-13485, and/or IEC-62304).
- Demonstrated understanding of the Clinical Lab environment and lab processes.
- Enterprise class information technology experience (Custom-COTS Hybrid, Integrated Multi-Channel End-User, Multiple Mobile Platform Delivery, Distributed Big Data).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.