The Mgr Software Engineering is responsible for working with product owners in defining the customer-centric product strategy and roadmap for an organization area or program, as well as defining and measuring key success metrics.
The incumbent is expected to deliver high-quality products in line with product and technical roadmaps. To achieve this high level of delivery, the Mgr Software Engineering must drive software design, establish clarity in ambiguous technical environments, accelerate deployment mechanisms, and manage cross-organizational communication effectively. Additionally, this role will manage and develop high-performance engineering teams.
- Drives the customer-centered product direction and roadmap by closely working with product owners & key stakeholders across the company.
- Performs product and systems analysis; provides technical consultation and proposes solutions to resolve technical and/or business problems.
- Works closely with assigned teams to architect and develop optimal system/product architecture design and approach.
- Establishes engineering standards and documentation requirements; reviews and analyzes current applications and develops recommendations & roadmaps for a world-class engineering stack.
- Drives leadership consensus through presentation of complex technical information, both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for developing a high-performing engineering team, including but not limited to managing the staffing, performance management, training and development of assigned associates.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Open minded and entrepreneurial with a detail orientation of what it takes to create customer-obsessed products.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages & developer frameworks, like Java, SCALA, Python, Node JS, .NET
- Working experience with NoSQL and big data solutions is required.
- Demonstrated record of hiring and developing high-performance teams
- Positive track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects in a DevOps culture
- Working experience with a complex distributed systems product with a REST-based API as the primary interface
- Excellent leadership, hands-on engineering project management and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent education required and 5 years of advanced level Engineering experience executing product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent education required and 3 years of advanced-level Engineering experience executing product specification, system design, development and system
- 2 years of experience managing software engineering teams.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.