Job Summary:As the Technical Software Development Manager, you will be responsible to manage a group of talented developers to create best in class vehicle ownership experience products. This is both a hands-on and management role. You should be able to clearly articulate to upper management issues and plan of attack. This role includes but not limited to managing team member to maximize their full potential, identify areas of improvements such as inefficiencies, engineering practice, Agile mentality, and execute plans to improve these areas. In addition, working with Product Management on requirement gathering, working with team lead on design and implementation, consulting with architects, and QA on testing and bug fixes. In this role, you will be expected to work well in an agile, dynamic, team oriented environment. To be successful in the role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.Responsibility:
- Lead and manage team of engineers to carry out key technical projects
- Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with management
- Execute on platform and applications roadmap deliverables
- Develop and deliver enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Develop high performance, scalable and secure solutions
- Enhance and maintain tools to support enhanced catalogs
- Plan and deliver core technology upgrades
- Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
8+ years of work experience in a senior technical role with direct hands-on skill set.
3+ years of technical development management experiences.
BS in Computer Engineering/Science or related field. MS preferred.
Ability to communicate, influence other supporting teams such as product, QA, devops, etc. to achieve the objectives.
Ability to manage remote team members, either offshore or different location within US.
Familiar with UI technologies such as React, Angular, etc.
Knowledge of development tools such as Visual Studio, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Fisheye, SVN, Eclipse or equivalent