Manager, Software Engineering
We are currently seeking a Manager, Software Engineering.
DDN Storage (DDN) Technical Center located in Colorado Springs, CO. is seeking a Manager, Software Engineering to design, develop and maintain embedded storage firmware for the SFA product line. As a DDN engineer, you will collaborate on architecture, design and implementation of storage system features. Candidates must have experience with developing production quality firmware and have demonstrated skills both in implementing new firmware design as well as analyzing and modifying firmware applications originally written by others. Candidates must have a strong understanding of advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques, and working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for design documentation, automated unit tests and collaborate with QA team members on test case designs and testing of firmware features.
- Collaborate with local and remote team members on architecture of SFA software
- Design, develop and unit test firmware features for the SFA storage controllers
- Isolate and resolve defects
- Document designs and test cases
- Mentor junior engineers in all aspects of development
- Lead teams of engineers in development of firmware features
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or related discipline) or comparable experience is required.
- 7+ years of professional embedded firmware development experience. Must have significant knowledge of storage systems and embedded software programming skills.
- 7+ years of experience in C and/or assembly language programming.
- 7+ years developing enterprise quality firmware
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with all phases of the development life cycle.
- Experience with agile development processes and scrum teams.
- Experience with cross-site development a plus.
Job ID 2017-2141