As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of highly capable and committed engineers working on Splunk’s Phantom Cloud and On-Prem platform. You will be part of a small closely-knit team in the Bay Area and have a large impact on leading and architecting the future of Splunk Security and Automation. This role will provide the opportunity to be immersed and exposed to a full portfolio of technology areas.
You are an expert in distributed computing, cloud platform software development in a scaled-up multi-tenant architecture. The initiative, passion, and commitment is your soft currency. You are excited to take on roles that provide new growth and learning opportunities. Finally, you enjoy working with highly collaborative teams and have fun doing your stuff!
What You'll Do
- Lead and grow a team of cloud platform developers and sr. engineers.
- Own and deliver platform and services roadmap in collaboration with Product Managers.
- Technically mentor the team through development and on-call process.
- Collaborate with peers and build the best in class cloud development model.
- Actively seek initiatives to accelerate the platform’s performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Have fun and achieve your career goals.
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth and sharing of technological insights.
- 4+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers
- 10+ years actively developing and/or managing to cloud-native products and/or technologies.
- Prior experience building Cloud Platforms.
- Demonstrable foundation in systems architecture, networks, and software design for cloud. Familiarity with on-premise products and how Cloud products interact with them.
- Experience with developing models for cloud-native architectures (CI / CD, Microservices SOA, security compliance, etc) at cloud scale.
- Experience in delivering multiple complex technical projects, within an Agile environment.
- Proficiency with backend systems built using microservices, containerized infrastructure, and modern continuous delivery practices. Familiarity with Python, Containers, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of team building and people management
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to reach stretch goal in a fast paced environment
- Directly Managed teams of 8-10 people with a demonstrable team and product success.
- Familiarity and prior experience working with Golang and Kubernetes.