Manager, Software Engineering
As a Learning A-Z Manager, Software Engineering, you will lead a team of Software Engineers toward delivering products in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Our products deliver supplemental curriculum materials to teachers and students from pre-K through adult, which means you will help build better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, and ultimately, more engineers.
This position is a remote position however we are comfortable with candidates sitting in our Ann Arbor, MI, Tucson, AZ, or Fort Lauderdale, FL offices.
- Direct management of software development staff, including performance reviews, supporting team members on career development (mentoring), etc.
- Manage team prioritizations based on business objectives and competing projects
- Understand build and deployment methodologies
- Ensure priorities are met while providing high quality and cost-effective systems that meet customer expectations
- Ensure the delivered Web Applications, including all frameworks and custom solutions, are stable and scalable
- Research technology issues and advise other development Team Leads on new tasks, leveraging innovative, practical, and scalable solutions
- Understanding of OOP principles and ensure the code is abiding by these methodologies
- Continually look for more effective ways to perform development tasks which lead to improved customer satisfaction and shorter delivery times
- Collaborate on issues across multiple teams (Web Team, QA, Design Team, Mobile Team etc.)
- Lead and Mentor junior developers
- Troubleshoot and resolve/ delegate production and non-production issues
- Adhere to corporate and team values in all facets of the development process
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience engineering management preferred
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field preferred.
- Understanding how to create/support multi-platform services
- Understanding how to prioritize based on deadlines and competing projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, customers, peers, subordinates, and management
- Must be able to quickly assess and react to changing circumstances and new information
Our tech stack is PHP, MySQL, Angular and Java.
Why Work With Us?
When you work with Learning A-Z, you’ll be helping students across the globe develop the comprehension, curiosity, and continued joy of learning they need to succeed in today’s world.
We’ve been awarded numerous accolades from a wide variety of edtech organizations. Our flagship products Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, and Raz-Plus are beloved by teachers and students alike, and are currently used by approximately 1/5 of public students in the United States.