DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Develops and manages a motivated, effective technical team in area of core competency. Implements planning activities that ensure goals will be met. Develops an outstanding organization through good organizational structure, development of employee's capabilities, creative motivational programs and building positive working relationships. Directs and coordinates development and production activities of technology department by performing the following duties.
- Consults with management to analyze needs for information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss acquisitions.
- Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
- Manages the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization.
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- May manage computer operations scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- May review reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- May develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years relevant experience, 4 years of increasingly responsible management or project management experience. Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or technical operations servicing multiple customers.
COMPLEXITY: Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates strong leadership skills. Takes initiative and seeks out best practices. Strong decision making, good judgement, project management, communication and troubleshooting skills necessary.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels of organization. Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.