$150K — $200K *
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Given the current pandemic environment, there is a renewed focus on Life Science organizations’ ability to support Covid-19 remediation efforts. Become part of the solution by working for Opentext’s Life Science organization where we offer a suite of products that help Pharma, Biotech and Med Device companies bring solutions to the market. We have a variety of on-prem, cloud-native, and hybrid applications that serve the regulated Life Sciences domain. As demand for our solution offerings increase, OpenText is in need of a software development manager to join our global team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global team of talented individuals. As the Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for people management, product delivery, innovation, managing risks and ongoing maintenance. This position requires strong leadership, excellent communication, and “hands-on” product development skills. You must have a strong technical background, and proficient in motivating and leading the team, through vision, strategic positioning, and product delivery. You must be highly energetic and passionate about product development, track performance and show continuous improvement. You will provide mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery.
You are great at:
• Working with cross-functional teams to ensure product deliverables are well defined, scoped and achieved
• Ensuring the team's compliance defined SDLC practices and validation requirements
• Facilitating QA activities such as risk analysis, software deliverable and code reviews
• Leading the improvement of the software development process and development cost reduction efforts
• Gathering and retaining performance metrics in support of continuous improvement
• Facilitating planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives, act as a Scrum Master
• Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
What it Takes:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of industry experience
• 2+ in a management or project management position
• Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Excellent time management, meeting facilitation, communication and documentation skills
• Experience in Agile Scrum development processes
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Preferred: Experience in the Life Science domain; GxP, computer systems validation in a regulated industry.
Valid through: 4/16/2021