JOB SUMMARY: The Software Development Manager’s role is to define, develop or purchase software, integrate applications with existing and new applications, test, analyze, and deliver software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, selecting vendors, managing vendors, coordinating with UPR IT & various hardware and software vendors, testing, analyzing and supporting software programs and applications. Write SOP for software applications to be used by UPR IT to manage the software lifecycle.
- Responsible for research, analysis, design and implementation of applications, systems and components to provide immediate and long term solutions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability through improved diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware revisions.
- Research, select and manage vendors in the production of software applications.
- Research and design computer systems to handle closed loop network systems including human maintenance interfaces and ride and show network inputs.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of large server computer systems including cloud-based storage and systems, fiber optic systems, wireless access points and Ethernet based systems.
- Responsible for utilizing a systematic approach to researching database options to handle large data volumes with capability to scale.
- Responsible for Testing, Commissioning and performs modifications to software systems as directed by management or engineering.
- Document and/or review vendor documentation for newly created systems and create Standard Operating Procedure documentation where appropriate.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for the creation of a software system that is in daily use across the resort critical to Guest Satisfaction (GSAT) efforts that is linked to multiple venues throughout the property.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required, Computer Science and/or data analytics majors. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years programming and/or managing developers and/or vendors in the creation of large data-driven systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with various forms of databases including internet of things, big data collection, reporting & analysis and real-time decision-making.
- Experience with both on-premise and cloud solution architecture and delivery.