The SDLC tools team defines the strategy, architecture, and capabilities roadmap for the delivery tools leveraged across P&T. The scope includes building, supporting, and continuously improving the capabilities of an integrated toolset that fosters transparency and traceability of P&T work.
The Software Development Manager is a technical leader of software and systems engineers who reviews code, writes code, evolve standards and best practices, participates in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authors frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the engineering staff. The manager is also expected to have experience using various SDLC tools, understands E2E SLDC processes and methodologies like SAFe
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Collaborates closely with the Principal Architects and Software Engineers in solution designs and evaluations value the project/feature/capability, determine approach for adoption and enable self-service
What you'll do in your role.
Technology Vision, Strategy & Roadmap
- Continuous improve and develop your people and unlock the technical capability to benefit the wider T-Mobile Development Community.
- Ensures that priorities of initiatives and milestones are abundantly clear to internal and external stakeholders.
- Make commitments on behalf of your team that are a direct reflection of the individual contributors capabilities, capacity, and opinions.
- Maintain the "Product" mindset rather than "Project" - and make predictions based on product lifecycle for sustainable and longevity of the software solutions.
Design Documentation & Compliance/Governance
- Comprehension of process/system flows, sequence diagrams, logical/reference architecture, solution architecture, capabilities model, standards, KPIs, etc.
- Define the KPIs of team performance and results
- Identifies patterns, frameworks, and performs value chain analysis that drives the realization of the TEQ strategy
- Hands-on development to coach developers, perform code reviews, audits, and can provide clear direction to engineers
- Drives solutions implementation. Writes epic user stories & manage the technology/architecture backlog – These stories are child stories from the Chief Product Owner (Director/Sr. Mgr/Mgr)
- Understand the domain/area of your focus. Know your customers, know their architecture, their code, their pain points, their roadmap. Be their partner to drive time to value and quality.
- Close collaboration with the domain teams architects, principal engineers, TEQ architects, and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with partners and stakeholders
- Solicit regular feedback on how the team is performing.
Capability/Platform Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Expert in their capabilities, platform(s), domain area. They understand the technology stack inside and out and can provide vision, strategy, guidance that spans leadership and individual developers. Ability to go broad and holistically with in-depth knowledge of the code and technology
The experience you'll bring.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years' of software and technical leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- Minimum 5 years' working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.Minimum 2 years' of experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology.
- Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
- Experience in delivering industrial platforms and designing integrated solutions.
- Knowledge SDLC methodologies such as SAFe and Agile
- Knowledge of tools and frameworks such as JIRA, Rally, Quality Center, Clarity, qtest, Confluence etc.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Discipline or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Master's Degree.
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers