Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 97 days ago
This position will be fully accountable for the critical role in the implementation, engineering and operations of Airline Solutions Data and Analytic platforms. The successful candidate will have direct managerial responsibilities for software delivery with overall focus on stability, reliability, recoverability, operability, instrumentation and performance of the systems.
• Work in a non-traditional work role with limited structure and routine with a high values placed on quality of work product and influence in the decision making processes,
• Ability to lead and direct multiple global projects simultaneously from a remote locations and responsiveness off hours support may be required, ability to delegate work to subordinate employees.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities to our customers with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
• Evolve the existing software solutions in various areas as needed
• Guide efforts of cross-functional global teams engaged in concurrent software development using Agile practices to deliver software solutions for the airline industry
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, inspire, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters preferred.
• Manage and partner with external operational vendors
• Excellent understanding of e-commerce technology, in particular Java/J2EE, web services etc
• Should be a great collaborator – work with development team and other stakeholders to do smooth production deployment and operations
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Managing conflicting priorities and changing requirements in fast-moving environment.
• Management of split site/remote teams preferred
• A record of successful delivery of software solutions as an individual contributor, team leader, and/or development manager
• Track-record of implementing major technology changes focused on creation of standards and complexity reduction
• Strong understanding of the software development cycle
• Strong leadership, project management skills, time management skills, and problem solving skills
• Experience in Java programming and Tomcat
• Experience with AWS Cloud deployments and operations
Req ID: 42805