The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 11 to 15Years
The Manager - Software Development will oversee activities supporting the development of intelligent embedded software devices and associated device management software. The manager will lead and coordinate the software team’s day to day activities to ensure that projects meet design requirements and specifications, and are within defined quality standards and time expectations.
In this position, you will report to the Manager - Embedded Code Development and Device Management in Alameda, CA
- The ideal candidate must be able to skillfully manage and lead a diverse staff of Software Engineers to deliver great product quality in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- This is a technical management position; must have expert level direct product experience with C#, Microsoft .NET framework, Visual Studio, WPF/XAML and related technologies for Windows application software development on current platforms.
- Must have previous people management experience.
- Must have a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience identifying, specifying and directing the work off shore development teams highly desirable.
Job requirements include but are not limited to:
- Upholding S&C HR policies and procedures including performing performance reviews, compensation recommendations, disciplinary recommendations and employee development plans.
- Managing project through adequate implementation of S&C Product Development processes and monitoring adherence through various milestones (gates).
- Reviewing software requirement specifications, overseeing code reviews, and maintaining adherence to software configuration management plans. Assisting in determining appropriate development environments & managing staff as appropriate.
- Executing a defined estimation process to provide level of effort estimates for the organization.
- Working with product management to ensure business requirements are adequate.
- Working collaboratively with software and testing engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical software.
- Ensuring software is developed within existing coding standards.
- Ensuring that staff have the proper mentoring, training and processes in place to be successful in their roles.
- Establishing clear goals and holding team members accountable for delivering high quality work.
- Implementing continuous improvement efforts to ensure continuous quality and customer satisfaction improvement.
- Being able to travel to the various S&C locations
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent. MSdegree in ElectricalEngineeringpreferred
- 3+ years of the proven ability to lead a highly performing team; plus 10+ years of software engineering employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time with rare periods lasting more than a week.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.