Where do you fit:
Accela is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven technical manager to join a team of engineers in delivering high quality software products to our customers. This individual will fill a key leadership role within the engineering group.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Provide project and technical leadership to Software Development teams
- Collaboration with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and prioritize and plan product releases
- Manage the development cycle from initiation and planning through implementation and delivery, to ensure on time, on budget, and high-quality product
- Participate in product architecture and system design
- Provide technical direction to testing team members to adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, scalability and on-time delivery standards
- Help analyze complex system and business requirements
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to maximize their potential, foster innovation, boost productivity, and to deliver high quality software
- Measure & quantify software development and be able to present tradeoffs to different development approaches
- Lead an agile team of developers with a focus on continuous improvement
Expertise you will bring in:
- 3+ years of management experience in leading software development teams
- 10+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA 1.7 & higher, messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON
- Understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc
- Exposure to design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Proven experience in managing development of Cloud / SaaS based enterprise software platforms.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven experience mentoring team members to advance them in their careers
- Proven experience in working with a geographically distributed testing team
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Github, Maven, Ant, Azure/AWS, Oracle/SQL Server, or NoSQL databases, TypeScript
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically