Are you the type of person that is client and consumer focused and thrives in a high intensity, problem solving environment? In this leadership role you will work within the Product Delivery team of FRMS, to lead a team of Software Development Engineers, Software Quality Engineers, Business Analysts and other experts. You will have a direct impact on solution delivery for FRMS products, in support of our clients and their customers.
Are you prepared to drive application delivery, process improvement, employee engagement and development, and client happiness? And do you have strong engineering and leadership skills? Then we would love to see you apply!
Key areas include:
- Financial performance management solutions for budgeting and planning, financial accounting, and funds transfer pricing and profitability
- Financial risk management solutions for credit, market and liquidity risk as well as asset/liability management
- Financial crime risk management solutions for fraud and money laundering detection and mitigation
- Financial control solutions for reconciliation, exception management and account certification
- Solutions for ACH, treasury management, check capture, case management and resolution, and enterprise content management (ECM)
- Consulting services through the Payments Performance Management team
What does an excellent Manager Software Development (Product) do?
As you lead this dynamic team, you will apply your deep understanding and experience to manage development efforts required to support all applications within the FRMS portfolio. This will include debugging, designing, development, testing, and documentation efforts within software applications, operating systems, and environments to maintain the highest level of customer happiness.
- Leading software engineering team talent via recruitment, hiring, and development of high performing team members, setting clear expectations for and providing timely feedback on individual and team performance, and taking corrective action when necessary
- Assigning team members to agile teams or initiatives, ensuring effective team assignments, and serving as leader and eliminating roadblocks.
- Promoting associate engagement through various methods to provide an energized, meaningful work environment for team members. Facilitate and encourage engagement feedback. Influence and motivate others to express opinions and share ideas
- Performing routine governance of PDLC/SDLC/corporate compliance including quality, efficiency and security standards are in place that us followed by your team.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement based on metrics for quality, efficiency, talent development and security.
- 6+ years of hands-on software development in an object-oriented language, with at least 5 of those years spent working in MS Technology Stack
- Experience delivering commercial software in .Net or Java
- Experience delivering highly scalable, high performance and mission critical software solutions
- 5+ years' experience with a major RDBMS; preferably SQL Server or Oracle
- Proficiency with a variety of frameworks, such as Microsoft .Net, Angular JS, Spring, ORM framework etc.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental design practices, including RESTful Services and SOA design principles and patterns
- Experience working in Scrum and/or other agile methodologies
- Regularly communicating market, business, and technology updates to team
- Participating in security assessments, audits, and risk mitigation activities
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of professional experience in a Software Development, Technology, or related industry
- 4+ years of experience leading highly technical resources directly or indirectly including:
- Experience effectively communicating with senior leadership.
- Experience working with remote and offshore development teams.
- 2+ years as a Manager or Team Lead
- Experience with Agile and SAFe environments
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Business or related field
- Experience in managing high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical skills for sound problem solving and decision-making, supported by facts
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-focused, collaborative environment
- Significant personal drive supported by a passion for software quality, product support and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver tasks in a high-pressure customer focused environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continued individual professional growth as in your role
- Demonstrated participation in constant evaluation and improvement in overall PDLC practices to further drive efficiency and quality in results
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Background in financial service