- Exercises discretion and independent judgement leading and directing the work and managing the personnel issues of direct report employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating staff, and recommending or initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action of a high-performance software development team.
- Responsible for staying abreast industry advances that may improve ability to execute more efficiently; researches and evaluates new technologies to determine their applicability to assigned software development projects.
- Ability to work with a production team on scheduling, planning, and sizing of functional specifications and software designs.
- Monitors project timelines and key development milestones.
- Responsible for ensuring software design features / objectives are consistent with internal customer and regulatory requirements.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in preparation and / or oversight of project staffing estimates.
- Customarily and regularly monitors project status and skill requirements ensuring appropriate resource levels and mix of competencies among staff.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient project management and coordination of internal teams with external resources to dependably deliver committed projects within budget, on time, and with exceptionally high quality.
- Customarily and regularly collects, analyzes, and reports on important metrics during the software development phase of a product.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
Job Knowledge/Work Experience:
- 12+ years' software development experience in a software or gaming company.
- 10+ years' management and / or leadership experience in a software development role.
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams using software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience and best practices with multiple teams on simultaneous projects while enabling short development cycles.
- Proven ability to focus on process improvements and key performance metrics that add to the overall effectiveness of the development team.
- Experience with Microsoft .net or Java technologies
- Application Interface / Service Bus knowledge.
- Strong Solution Architecture skills.