Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Manager Software Cybersecurity - Heart Failure (HF) - Burlington, MA or St Paul, MN
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Electrophysiology and Heart Failure (EPHF) division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
As a Manager Software Cybersecurity for the Heart Failure Therapy (HF) Business, you will join a high growth business division working on Mechanical Circulatory and Cardiac Pressure Measurement Systems. You will be responsible for defining and implementing the Abbott Heart Failure Cybersecurity strategy. You will provide leadership to the Cybersecurity Software Team to architect, design and develop the software security features for multiple products and platforms in the Heart Failure Division. In this role, you will be responsible for all deliverables associated with the internal and external Cybersecurity procedures and standards. You will also be responsible for defining and implementing a strategy for the monitoring and maintenance of on-market products. This position reports to the HF Director of Software Engineering.
- Manage Software Cybersecurity resources and work with a cross-functional team to develop requirements, architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of Medical Security Software for Heart Failure Products including Embedded, Mobile and Cloud applications.
- Assess the cybersecurity risks of new products and features as well as identify potential interactions with existing products and features.
- Responsible for all Activities and Deliverables related to Cybersecurity for Heart Failure including Thread Modeling and Risk Management (as it pertains to cybersecurity).
- Stay abreast of cybersecurity threats and trends and manage appropriate responses to threats and trends;
- Manage team on the development of cybersecurity maintenance process of various products within Heart Failure.
- Responsible for managing, coaching, developing and hiring Cybersecurity Software Resources.
- Manage collaboration with Systems, Electrical, Software Systems, Software Test and Automation, Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing teams to ensure that all cybersecurity activities and deliverables are completed on time and in accordance to the Heart Failure Division Procedures and FDA and other regulatory requirements.
- Use Cybersecurity frameworks to standardize cyber security function for their development and delivery.
- Work with external resources to plan and execute Security Activities (like Penetration Testing) on various products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer engineering computer science, or a related engineering field (Master's degree in software engineering, computer engineering or computer science preferred).
- Experience with Software Development within the regulated medical field.
- Hands-on Experience with Threat Modeling (STRIDE) and other cybersecurity activities.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of security experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing resources.
- Expert knowledge of Cybersecurity Architecture, Design, Implementation, Concepts and Technologies.
- Expert knowledge in industry standard security frameworks like NIST, OWASP, ISO etc...
- Expert knowledge in at least 1 of the following domains: information security risk management, compliance, platform security, network security, cloud security, application security, embedded device security.
- Experience with visual modeling/design, multi-threading, formal software development methodologies, and source code management.
- Experience in working in an iterative Agile development process.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including internationally, when COVID19 restrictions are lifted
- Advanced level degree(s) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Implantable technologies and experience.
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended.
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities