Leads activities in social services in accordance with policies and accepted social work practice. Evaluates and coordinates the area's services and the needs of the patients and the community served. Assists with program direction and policy development, as well as quality improvement initiatives. Promotes teamwork and builds effective relationships across work groups. Responsible for safe, efficient and effective care transitions, and ensures the patient and family are engaged in the plan of care.
- Master's Degree in Social Work required.
- Requires current state of Indiana license as a Licensed Social Worker, LCSW preferred. LCSW must be obtained within 2 years of hire into the position.
- Requires knowledge of the impact of the disease process and of human behavior to provide psychosocial assessments; short-term therapeutic counseling; and crisis intervention to patients; families; and staff.
- Requires strong clinical assessment; planning; and goal development skills.
- Requires extensive knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs.
- Requires extensive knowledge of state and county adult and child protective legal mandates.
- Requires knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- 5-7 years of experience required.
- Requires experience supervising and/or mentoring medical social workers.