Description: Develops and monitors the social services programs for the CSA. Establishes and maintains, standards, quality levels, cost effective, and customer focused services. Establishes interfaces with community services.
- Plans, develops, implements and maintains social services policies and procedures, delivery of social work programs, and discharge planning services.
- Oversees social services case management activities.
- Manages staff activities, ensures their competencies, and develops/presents in-services.
- Recommends, develops, and implements new programs enhancing services to specialized patient populations and reducing hospital and office visit utilization.
- Develops and manages departmental budget.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost reduction and improved services.
- Identifies community resources for our members.
- Collaborates with community organizations in developing new programs or enhancing current community services which are available to Kaiser members.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the quality assurance of the social services programs and staff.
- Identifies issues which interfere with the delivery of services and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Collaborates with medical center departments, community agencies and health plan members on matters related to discharge planning and ensures that services are provided in an integrated fashion.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience and field medical social work.
- Master's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- LCSW required.
- NPI required.
- Sound knowledge of fiscal management theories and principles.
- Knowledge of different levels of health care; understanding of human development and psychodynamic theories.
- If the applicant does not have an NPI, one must be obtained within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 630507