Shutterstock’s Social Media Manager will manage primary social channels across multiple brands. This highly collaborative, and data driven role will utilize data to identify trending content and help optimize the distribution across social mediachannels. Working as part of the global social media team, this position will be responsible for crafting and curating content and storytelling that supports the business and delivers value to our audiences, as well as scheduling and offering customer and contributor support, where necessary.
The Social Media Manager will implement our strategy for storytelling and audience development on different platforms, assessing performance and adjusting the strategy to yield optimal results. Working closely with teams across the organization, including Content Marketing, CRM, Events and Creative, the Social Media Manager will identify new potential audiences and develop strategies to reach them reviewing existing and new mediums.
Visual intelligence and a general sense for visually appealing images and video is essential to promote the Shutterstock collection. A knowledge of design and video editing tools is ideal for this role to craft compelling visuals that supports the accompanied messages and content. The candidate should also have a passion for social media and a strong curiosity for pop culture and industry trends.
Responsibilities will include:
- Craft SEO optimized social content and curate compelling visual content that supports our long-term social media and business goals.
- Day to day management of Shutterstock’s social properties including real-time Editorial coverage for tentpole events and breaking news.
- Develop plans and proactive social media tactics to support product announcements, corporate news and marketing campaigns.
- Developing and establishing strategies for audience engagement and growth.
- Work with Global Customer Care to ensure that customer and contributor queries are responded to in a timely reactive fashion.
- Enhance the development and maintenance of department processes, procedures and analytics.
- Collaborate with communications, marketing and content teams, to best represent the brand.
- Develop data reports, monitor performance, assess metrics and track success to yield ROI.
- Work with platforms and channel partners at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Social Studio, Bit.ly and others.
- Develop metrics reports to guide initiatives and monitor the health of the communities.
- 3-5 years relevant social media, communications or marketing experience.
- Passion for results and sense of urgency to accomplish goals.
- BA degree in related field – marketing, creative, communications or journalism.
- Experience with data and measuring social media through a range of tools. including Google Analytics, Social Studio, Social Platforms.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Exceptional organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experienceworking with photo and video editing technology.
- Full of new ideas and work within a testing culture.