The Social Media Manager will help manage the planning and execution of Macy's social media strategy, including such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest. This position works closely with the rest of the Media Team, Merchant Marketing, Marketing Finance, Macys.com and outside agencies. This candidate must be able to juggle multiple projects in a very fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, a good communicator and has a strong understanding of the digital space. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Support in the planning and management of the Social media budget.
• Oversee data entry into Macy's budgeting and trafficking system (MAS).
• Work closely with media agency and media vendors to develop and execute innovate and effective media plans.
• Work with Merchandise Marketing and Campaign Management to develop and distribute media briefs to media partners.
• Work with the media agency on post-event analysis.
• Provide insights and recaps to stakeholders.
• Maintain schedule of social campaigns, and manage content calendar.
• Support the Director of Social Media in being the liaison between Macy’s and the Media Agency.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA required, with advanced-level financial analytics experience.
• 5+ years’ traditional media experience working for an industry-leading company with significant media budgets in the area of online/magazine/mobile.
• 1-2+ years digital media marketing experience; experience with social media campaigns a plus.
• Experience interacting with vendors/contractors, including effective project scoping, managing for results, and financial and operational accountability.
• Background in working with the retail industry or a multi-unit company with a field organization (e.g. retail, automotive, fast food, entertainment, etc.).
• Analytical and creative with a quick, passionate and assertive approach and strong communication skills.
• Ability to interface with cross functional internal teams and outside media and advertising agencies.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think innovatively to meet business goals.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Proven track record of conceptualizing programs, selling-in internally, and executing.
• Proven ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and juggle multiple projects in a very fast paced environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.